Business Development Lead, Flexport Capital
Grow the Flexport Capital business!
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Since Inception, Flexport Capital has provided over $400 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs. Our non-dilutive capital products empower businesses to grow and bridge their working capital needs while maintaining ownership and control. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and financially savvy individual to join our tight-knit team. They will own sourcing, prospecting, and deal generation and serve as a financial consultant to Flexport clients that are looking to leverage Flexport Capital for their working capital needs. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, they will also have a key role leading and executing cross-functional strategic projects related to growth strategy, sales operations and capital markets. If you have a “Whatever it takes attitude” and are willing to go the extra mile then this could be the role for you!
- Execute outbound sourcing and prospecting initiatives through multiple channels (social and professional networks, third party databases, email, cold calls, text, news, etc.) in order to drive deal flow for Business Development Managers / Senior Managers
- Support Sales and Client Solutions teams to cross-sell Flexport Capital products to existing Flexport customs customers
- Rapidly learn and pitch Flexport Capital’s vision, products and value propositions
- Improve Flexport Capital’s prospecting Playbook and build processes to optimize sales funnels
- Provide regular updates to leadership on sales performance and pipeline data
- Support strategic projects across product, sales, and capital markets partnerships
You Should Have:
- 3-5 years in sales / sales development for a financial services and/or technology company, previous startup experience is a plus
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology and the future of embedded financial services
- Strong sales instincts, results-focused, and a track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven success building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present to C level executives in a seamless way
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with financial statements and working capital
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance strongly preferred. Strong technical skills – Excel required. Salesforce CRM and SQL is a plus
- Independent, ambitious and self-motivated
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote