Flexport is looking for a Global Mobility Program Manager, passionate about providing employees with an exceptional experience as they navigate through complicated international laws. We are looking for someone who is a team player accustomed to working independently while coordinating multiple internal functions and external vendors. Your primary focus will be collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure we are providing excellent service between our employees, immigration, and relocation external partners. Also, you will be a crucial player in our day-to-day mobility operations and will ensure that we’re functioning smoothly in an HR and employee-facing capacity.
- Create long term strategy and vision, ensure synergy across relocation, immigration and mobility tax programs.
- Provide proactive Mobility planning to business and people leaders to ensure well-informed mobility decisions. (Program/policy selection, cost projections, tax/immigration guidance etc.). Use experience and judgement to determine the escalation process.
- Provide consultation and strategic guidance on immigration cases to various internal business partners and employees/candidates.
- Analyze immigration issues and effectively communicate solutions to employees, managers, and internal clients in collaboration with outside immigration counsel.
- Coordinate and prepare more complex cases such as O-1 petitions, EB-1 petitions, Responses to Requests for Information, Responses to Intent to Deny Notices, etc.
- Proactively strategize risk mitigation and updates on new legislations to all impacted stakeholders.
- Oversee and perform operational program management functions and vendors for global mobility services including pre-decision relocation assessments, initiation of relocation and tax services, relocation and assignment letters, expense management/cost estimates, overview and expectation calls with employees.
- Maintain and enhance collaborative relationships with global mobility vendors and immigration partners. Includes service model, SLA’s, customer feedback mechanisms, etc.
- Investigate ways to improve existing processes and fix pain points through automation and streamlining. Manage periodic updates to process documentation such as point of contacts, process flows and maps, and system access.Create tools, content and deliver training regarding relocation/immigrations processes and programs.
- Leverage analytics and critical thinking to anticipate and meet business needs and measure ROI of mobility programs.
- Oversee vendor invoicing and approval process as well as tracking and reporting of actual expat spend.
- Manage a team of one or two direct reports supporting the immigration and mobility.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration or HR Management.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience facilitating global relocation assignments, and Global Immigration experience.
- 3+ years of program management experience in a high growth fast paced environment.
- Experienced managing direct reports.
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Experience evaluating, developing, and implementing process improvements through automation and process redesign to ensure scalability.
- Track record of successfully balancing competing priorities and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment and sometimes under conditions of ambiguity.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to process disparate information and synthesize quickly.
- Demonstrated experience building exceptional cross-functional relationships across an organization.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?:
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.