Join our Key Accounts Team!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients and suppliers, designing and implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients’ businesses forward. As a member of the Global Key Accounts team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building and implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
The Global Key Account Manager will own the long-term client relationship, improving and growing the client’s business by identifying and implementing new and enduring global trade solutions to drive the client’s business forward.
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the client’s business goals, the industry, and Flexport’s services and solutions to proactively close and deliver new solutions that empower the client and deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the client’s trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders and finding win-win solutions for the client and for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints and business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing and to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally – across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, ProServe, Implementation, Legal, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams – to develop and execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the client’s outcomes.
- You will provide feedback to Product and Service leaders on program enhancements and service offerings needed to be more competitive
- You will create alignment of executive level customer contacts and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders at some of the world’s largest brands
- You will dig deep into the client’s order to cash cycle and demonstrate a clear understanding of current state business models and future state goals
- Proactively consult with clients and develop solutions for their logistics needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Engage with stakeholders from other departments at Flexport to develop client-specific solutions
- Coordinate and negotiate annual RFPs
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans.
You should have:
- 10-15 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- At least 5 years designing solutions for Global Key Accounts
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted and complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products and services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Future tracks this role could lead to:
- Global Key Account Management organizational leadership
- Client Solutions organizational leadership
- Client Solutions within a different client segment or geography
- Account Executive
- Supply Chain Operations organizational leadership
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.