As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and leading commercial programs and commercial operations including sales operations, commercial partnerships, channel sales, and other business functions to set a foundation for growth and develop our commercial programs, sales partnerships and business capabilities in Korean. You will report to the Business Development Director or Senior Business Development Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and lead channel sales partnerships and business development initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Establish and implement systems methods and processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel and data analysis.
- Partner cross functionally with sales, marketing and pricing to define and refine our go-to-market strategy.
- Take a high energy and entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Asia team and global functions to drive strategic priorities and get things done.
- Set up certain business operations functions to support Korean, APEC and South China commercial activity.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, and agility to accelerate things that work and pivot away from things that don’t.
- Be both local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
What you’ll need:
- 5 - 8 years of experience in commercial and analytics heavy functions.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and will thrive in unstructured and multi-stakeholder settings to deliver results.
- Proven relationship management, and project/program/process management skills.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills.
- A strong grasp of real world supply chain concepts including direct knowledge of how industrial and product supply chains work.
- Knowledge in Korean, APEC and China regions logistics, freight forwarding. A knowledge of e-commerce markets is a plus.
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group internally and externally.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong command of English, Chinese and Korean.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.