Engineering Manager, Customs
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead the engineers working on our Customs products within the Trade and Financial Services group.
You’ll manage a highly technical team of full-stack engineers to help develop impactful and quality products in a fast growing business. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry, specifically related to customs and financial services.
- Lead the team’s deliverables from technical design to rollout
- Facilitate rapid iteration of features and tracking of metrics
- Own services end-to-end, including comprehensive testing and production support
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful strategic approaches
- Describe, analyze, and drive agreement on major technical decisions
- Inspire amazing engineers that ship new code every day
You should have
- At least 5 years experience building software or web applications
- Proven experience managing technical teams and/or projects
- Track record of delivering on ambitious goals with high quality
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate across teams
- Experience leading large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience taking complex problems and breaking them into manageable pieces
- An interest in helping your team do their best work
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for always learning and improving yourself and your team
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects and coordinate technical work spanning multiple engineering teams
- Next-level analytical problem-solving talent
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action
- You have a product-first approach to building software and you care about the real-world functionality of your programming
- Track record of delivering on time and with quality
- Bonus if you have recent development experience with modern front end technologies like React
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and moving to services. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Engineering blog.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT & Security
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote