Help Flexport establish operations and grow new business in Canada
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. Revenue is growing at breakneck speed and we want to continue that momentum and expand into new markets on our mission to be the Global leader in trade. We're looking for a consultative, tenacious Operations and Growth Associate to help us go to market in Canada.
The Strategy and BD Manager will be a part of the Flexport Demand Team as well as work cross-functionally as necessary to bring both supply-side and demand-side to life. If salivating at the thought of building out an entire region and making it the most efficient region in the world for Flexport, then this might be the role for you! You will need to bring A+ project management skills, juggle numerous responsibilities and dive deep into cross-functional operational nuances to solve root causes. If this sounds like an environment you thrive in, then this is the role for you!
The purpose of the role is to help lay the foundation for success in Canada as a whole, which involves both defining and supporting operations, and the execution of strategic initiatives, including:
- Drive excellence in the development and operation of Supply & Freight Operations functions:
- Help build scalable, sustainable, Canada-specific processes, behaviors, tooling, etc. across freight operations and account management.
- Partner with teams and stakeholders to scope out and build business cases for product requirements necessary to enable Canada.
- Partner with OpEx to assist CS teams in transitioning Canadian volume to Op Model 2.0.
- Partner with modal freight operations teams to ensure performance and relationship management, as well as network development.
- Drive product launch, development and partnerships:
- Strategize Flexport growth plan and drive alignment in coordination country general manager with multiple stakeholders
- Design product launch strategy by evaluating product market fit for Canada
- Evaluate business cases for geographical expansion, product launches and create investment cases
- Drive product launch and own growth initiatives by coordinating across product, sales, CS, and procurement teams
- Coordinate between G&A and other teams to support foundational pieces such as invoicing from the freight entity, acquiring/maintaining appropriate licenses, and adjusting client contracting measures.
- Drive successful completion of initiatives following Canada’s 2021+ plan, executing owned initiatives, and supporting/monitoring all Customs and other functionally owned initiatives.
- Identify and support delivery of other initiatives, as discovered through cross-functional collaboration, in whatever capacity is needed.
- Drive excellence in the development and operation of Sales and Account Management functions:
- Collaborate across all regions in North America with Account Executives and Sales Managers to support revenue growth and operational excellence by identifying, prioritizing and removing blockers.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to drive Top of Funnel leads.
- Support the growth of our Canadian knowledge base by building and capturing the results of feedback loops within AM and Sales functions.
- Support sales leadership (national, west and east) to create best practices for RFI/RFP management for all new opportunities in Canada.
- Capture and share best practices that drive satisfaction of all Canadian customers through engagement from Sales, Account Management and all internal teams touching Canada.
- Identify and propose investment opportunities for Sales and Account Management and support the design and implementation alongside Sales leadership.
- Support development of Canada Customs capabilities:
- Partner with the Canada Customs team to improve operational hand offs between CS and SCO functions
- Partner with the Canada Customs team to define, process map, and implement Account Management for customs-only clients.
- Build and embody the Flexport culture amongst the distributed Canadian team:
- Instill Flexport values in daily work with the VAN customs team, SEA and NY CS teams and Canadian leadership, to strengthen feedback loops and cohesion.
- Be the model for the next generation of Flexport in Canada. This is an IC role that will grow with our Canadian presence and can be shaped and expanded based on your interests and drive.
You should have:
- Ability to live and work in Canada, or interest in doing so within 2-3 months - relocation is not mandatory in the short term, but will become necessary for successful execution of the position
- 5+ experience in strategy and product development in supply chain management OR
- 2+ years experience in strategy consulting from tier 1 firms
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to influence decisions through process and data analysis
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- Ability to craft succinct communications and able to relay information is a consumable way
- Proven ability to quickly gain trust with internal leadership
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
What good looks like:
Success in this assignment will be evaluated on Behaviors and Results, per below:
- Behaviors. Expectations are that this person exemplifies Flexport values in all of their own work. Exceeding expectations would involve helping others live by the Values, while top performance would result from setting a transformative example of at least half of the Values across multiple business lines.
- Results. Expectations are that this person executes on the tasks and deliverables as communicated and documented by the Canada Lead before each task. This includes meeting deadlines, taking proactive initiative, identification of opportunities to improve processes, and working both from top-down directives and also with a self-starter mentality. This could include, identifying unique insights or solutions, figuring out a way to scale a process beyond the immediate use case, collaborating with stakeholders across the organization, building scalable and transferable “fixes”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.