Build The Technology To Make Logistics A Positive Force For Social And Environmental Impact
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. This means solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged. We're looking for makers who love learning, who are passionate about collaborating and who want to see the powerful impact of the solutions we're building.
Flexport.org is a critical part of the Flexport mission. We believe that technology should help solve humanity’s most pressing challenges. Given our unique platform and services, and our position in the freight forwarding industry, we have an unparalleled opportunity and responsibility to help others around the globe.
In this role, you will be the product leader for the Flexport.org technology team. This team will build products that leverage Flexport’s platform to make a real-world impact, such as reducing global carbon emissions, empowering nonprofits to deliver aid effectively and finished product donation matching. If you are passionate about using technology and data systems to realize humanitarian and environmental missions, you’ve found your home. Come deliver a big impact for good, on a global scale.
- Develop a product vision, strategy, and roadmap in collaboration with our Flexport.org leadership team
- Embrace user discovery with internal product teams and external customers
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Partner with business operations to ensure strong collaboration, security, and scalability
- Leverage data to develop meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, Engineers and domain experts to implement, rollout and measure meaningful platform features
- Entrepreneurial drive to navigate Flexport’s product teams and ensure Flexport.org is represented in their roadmaps
- Continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably with a mix of startup and established environments
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Experience incorporating product and operations feedback to craft long term vision and quarterly roadmaps
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Credibility and stakeholder management skills to align multiple product teams and business teams on company wide initiatives
- Business acumen and curiosity to learn and become an expert on a complex product
- You strongly support giving back to the community in a productive way.
- Bonus: You have experience building products in the non-profit / sustainability / humanitarian aid space
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.