Senior Manager, Network Performance & Improvement
Build the network to help Flexport grow
The GCN team’s mission is to design, implement, and scale world-class warehousing and trucking infrastructure that supports all shipping modes (aka the Global Pallet Network). The team is also responsible for crafting and procuring innovative ocean consolidations solutions that evolve the industry.
This role is responsible for upholding the highest quality performance of our ground network infrastructure, including our Linehaul and Warehousing Network in the Americas. The network is Flexport’s vital backbone for all Air, LCL and Road Network shipments. You will be accountable for defining and achieving the main quality metrics of the network (ie. On time Performance, Damages, Vendor Management), including the carriers and terminals we operate with. You will need to develop processes from the ground-up, drive global standardization, build tech requirements and implement systems to help drive efficiencies, and continually look for ways to improve network operations quality across the Americas. This role also leads a small team responsible for the analysis, vendor management and process engineering required to manage the network to perform.
- You will be the advocate for quality within the network, working with gateway and global management to define, standardize, measure and analyze the right metrics to empower your regional team to deliver great performance.
- You will work closely with your peers and Data Analytics team to set-up long term data optimisation modeling, run deep analysis on how to reach the optimum for Flexport.
- You will work closely with your counterparts in the other regions to design, pilot, test and roll out new process and tech initiatives, ensuring standardization and efficiency gains are achieved across all regional teams in line with our OKRs.
- You will serve as a senior relationship manager for internal and external partners in your region such as terminals, carriers, and warehouses, the Customs team and the Ocean Operations team.
- You will help design and implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the team you oversee while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- Provide reports, analyses, and data-driven insights on reported quality issues to ensure issue resolution and future error-prevention. Propose improvements to suboptimal and nonconformance processes through quality excellence approaches such as value stream mapping and root cause analysis
- You will hire, coach and develop a team responsible for analyzing the needs and performance of our network. You will manage the career progression of your team and build in the right dynamics for success of both the individuals and the group.
You should have:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience
- Experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, operations at a high growth organization, or consulting firm preferred.
- MBA degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful program management, project management, continuous improvement, and ground-up process design.
- Strong Data Analytics skills and a firm understanding of how to turn data into action, driving measurable improvement in operations in collaboration with front line managers.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote