Supply Chain Operations Manager
Supply Chain Operations Manager
The role of the SCOps Manager is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to hire, train, and develop a team of motivated operations experts while strategically leading them through the complex world of freight forwarding. You will work cross-functionally to navigate ambiguous challenges and establish a world-class operating team. At this stage in Flexport's journey, we understand that great leadership is what will help us achieve our goal. We also understand that great leaders have to learn how to balance tactical and adaptive responsibilities. A leader who is too tactical will squelch the creativity and motivation of their teams. A leader who is too adaptive will create a lot of wasted time and effort, which will also squelch the motivation of their teams. Your job as a leader is to create balance for those you manage.
Scope of Duties:
- Manage team performance and lead the team on the right path to reach the OKR requirement.
- Responsible to handle majors Carrier / Client Escalations
- Lead cross functional coordination and resolve internal client escalations
- Provide the direction of team training and onboarding new hires’ team members
- Pilot the Operational Improvement projects and initiate Account Management Collaboration (Meeting customers in/outside if necessary)
- Manage team member performance and evaluation
- Responsible and Involved with the company change management.
- Support internal and external clients to make the best decision with your expertise;
- Act as ocean industry expertise, conduct necessary research, follow & share Industry knowledge
- Live and act with integrity guided by the company values including sustaining a high bar for operational quality and service.
- Inform the business process and software capability needs to help scale our growing team while improving quality, service, efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the procedure and system to differentiate Flexport operations from the industry.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
We’re looking for folks that have:
- Excitement to manage relations and create a best-in-class operational structure
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in day-to-day execution and process improvement
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Client service mindset - obsessed with client and squad happiness
- A mastery of internal and external communication
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The desire to lead, train and develop up and coming industry talent
- Coaching your colleagues
- Encouraging your team to improve how the team works
- Helping your team learn from their performance outcomes
- Inspiring your team
- Engaging a customer with empathy and without bias
- Pressure testing qualitative and quantitative work
- Building strategy through a customer viability lens
- Designing processes
- Leading difficult conversations
- Forming hypothesis and developing experiments
- Communicating with structure (“A mastery of (internal) communication”)
- Managing time and commitments (“Next-level attention to detail”)
- Investigating and troubleshooting the customer’s problem
- Execute complex processes without missing adaptive opportunities
- Applying policy, process, and best practices
- Organizing, leading, and participating in meetings
Future tracks this role could lead to:
- Becoming a leader of leaders. You learn how to be a player-coach who apprentices team leaders on skill development.
- Deep expertise in a specific area of supply chain management. You are the leading advisor in this area, someone our clients, partners, and internal teams go to for advice and strategy. You build process and tools or lead webinars to amplify your knowledge.
- Client advisor/ account management. Your deep passion for the custom experience sets you on a path to lead a team of advisors as they help grow Flexport’s book of business.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote