Director, Client Solutions (Flexport Shenzhen)We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth and culture-minded “leader of leaders” with a proven track record of success to lead our Direct and Channel Sales teams in the Shenzhen office. As a Director of Client Solutions, you will have ownership for a number of Client Solutions teams and partner closely with a BD Director to grow the business. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, and stakeholder satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will be responsible for developing employees for growth in this fast-growing company. You will report to our General Manager of Shenzhen and work closely with all global leaders.
- Build and manage client solutions teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performing team of managers and individual contributors, including hiring, training, and career development;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each team to expand and accelerate growth & adoption, operational excellence and customer & carrier satisfaction (NPS);
- Drive adoption of the Flexport platform, generate organic growth opportunities and drive network effects of online adoption.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Adopt and continually refine effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Lead and inspire top talent to reinvent and streamline processes, practices and behaviors to drive customer success.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility and an obsession with service to make Flexport the preferred partner to our local customers (factories, shippers, suppliers) and service providers (carriers & truckers).
- Be local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
You Should Have
- 8+ years of experience scaling client-facing service and operations teams including leading managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced logistics or supply-chain experience;
- Proven leadership, coaching and management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.