Trade Lane Associate
As a Network Trade Lane Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexport’s advanced technology systems, and working on the front-lines to ensure Client Solutions Teams - and by extension, Flexport customers - have the right solutions and the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating and executing the end-to-end shipment lifecycle: procurement, solution design, rate setting, database management, vendor financial auditing, and implementation for the geography’s imports and exports.
Coordinate and implement the end-to-end solutions designed for Flexport customers
- Execute the end-to-end creation and delivery of solutions for Flexport customers; interface and collaborate with other internal Supply teams (Trucking, Supply Chain Operations, Partner Team, etc) to achieve this
- Procure rates for customer requests within our network of vendors (ie carriers, subcontractors, partners) and ensure they are clearly recorded and available in cost databases
- Fulfill dynamic pricing requests and ensure solutions are clearly recorded and available in sell databases for immediate consumption by Client Solutions
- Partner with Client Solutions Teams to understand unique customer requirements and surface creative solutions with the Trade Lane Manager for execution
- Liaise with Account Solutions to provide rates and solutions for bids; assist with new client implementation
Act as the first point of contact for all Air/OCS issues, requests, or questions & take the lead in reaching a resolution
- Triage incoming requests and find an end-to-end resolution where possible or provide direction to the appropriate team for resolution
- Resolve all escalations raised by Client Solution Teams as quickly as possible, with an eye for mitigating future escalations of the same nature; exercise good judgment on when to escalate
- Constantly monitor group emails, Slacks, and offer support wherever possible
Drive and support initiatives to promote growth and profitability for the region
- Ensure high integrity and accuracy of all rates stored in internal database; record all rates and rate updates timely
- Leverage internal tools and processes to mitigate potential revenue leakage (Dispute ID Tool, regular reviews of statement-of-accounts)
- Identify opportunities to improve pricing strategies and increase profitability;
- Proactively follow-up on lost pricing requests and new opportunities
Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Interface with external vendors for routine requests regarding rate procurement, audits, or shipment-specific questions
- Coordinate day-to-day performance and execution of our vendors (ie flag errors and work with them to correct them, etc…)
- Assist the Trade Lane Manager and Senior Trade Lane Associate in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with external vendors/subcontractors and setting up operating procedures
- Proactively suggest ways to improve performance based on data and in partnership with the Sr. TLA and TLM, implement those suggestions
Identify areas for process improvements and contribute to future automation designs
- Master all Flexport internal tools and databases for maintaining buy and sell rates
- Ensure all internal processes and important documents (ie contracts, workflow mappings) are standardized, recorded, and available in the Trade Lane Management team folders
- Take a critical approach to company and customer SOPs and identify ways to improve them
- Be a general expert, able to support procurement, solution design, rate setting, vendor audits and implementation cycles for all geographies in your region
- Proactively share risks & barriers with the TLM and TLSM and work to resolve them
- Embody a “can-do” attitude at all times
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BA/BS and 1-5 years of related work experience, fresh graduate considered
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc); basic programming capabilities a plus
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.