Create Opportunities for People to Grow
The Organization & People Development Team is at the epicenter of organization, team and individual growth at Flexport. The VP, Organization & People Development has the privilege of leading this newly formed team reporting to the Chief Impact Officer of Flexport.
As Flexport emerges from scrappy start up to multi-billion dollar enterprise, we have two major goals:
- We want to be the place where people have the most positive career-defining experiences of their lifetimes. This role has the opportunity to shape the types of experiences we have - the career pathways, the development opportunities, and the leadership development agenda.
- We want to steward a high velocity culture empowered by our people, meaning we need everyone moving in the same direction at speed. That means we need an efficient organization where roles and goals are clear, where decisions may be made quickly, where the organization is easy to navigate and where we can move talent where they need to be when we need them through talent movement and robust succession planning.
If you want to be the architect of the solutions, methodologies, tools and team that guide our talent, leadership, learning and org development agenda, then this is the role for you. You will be a part of the Impact Senior Leadership team, working alongside the leaders of our .Org team, Brand and Communications, and our senior People Team leaders.
- Drive Organization Effectiveness. Work with the CIO and People Business Partners to identify and improve macro organization effectiveness issues through leader, team and org-wide OD interventions to truly operate as a high velocity culture
- Define Organization Architecture. Define and refine the organization architecture for roles, career pathways, proficiency levels, etc. so that the organization is easier to navigate and talent movement simpler to facilitate
- Steward our Talent Development Agenda. Develop and steward the talent, leadership and learning philosophy and practices on behalf of the company to offer the positive career-defining experience we want for our employees
- Lead Talent Management. Develop and steward the methodologies, processes and tools around talent and performance management informed by innovative thinking and favorite best practices - ensuring that the People Business Partners are equipped to lead teams through this work
- Develop Leaders & Managers. Develop leadership and management competency framework, development cohorts and programs and targeted training to ensure our leaders are equipped to lead Flexport now and in the future.
- Oversee Learning & Development. Ensure that we have a robust learning & development curriculum that offers everything from compliance training, basic skills enhancement and Flexport-specific offerings for all Flexporters
You should have:
- 12-15 years of experience in Talent, Organizational Development & Learning Development - preferably in progressive leadership roles with internal company experience
- Degree in HR Development, Business, Adult Learning, Organizational Development or related field required
- Experience building or scaling a Talent practice is a plus and/or working in company with mature talent practices
- Ability to innovate to meet the needs of the business/industry; knows industry best practice and how to adapt it
- Track record of establishing excellent business partnerships and strong collaborator and advisor to HR Business Partners and other leaders
- Ability to lead a top-notch, globally distributed team
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.