Create an amazing workplace experience at Flexport
As one of the key members in the Asia Real Estate and Workplace Service team, this high impact role will thrive thru overseeing our real estate transaction and project management of our office and warehouse portfolio in Asia. Join us to co-create the future Flexport!
Real Estate Transaction Management
- Support Regional Head of Real Estate & Workplace Services to manage real estate transactions for new and existing office and warehouse portfolio in Asia
- Continue to optimize existing portfolio, evaluate key milestones, deal options and strategize to play the long game.
- Develop and maintain relationships with property owners at key-leased facilities
- Manage assigned projects thru developing plans, schedules, budgets, procurement process, contracts and execution of construction projects within quality, budget and schedule
- Support design process for all Asia projects to achieve workplace strategies and guidelines, commercial objectives, technical & functional requirements.
- Implement in conjunction with external experts and internal stakeholders key workplace design principles and guidelines
- Support management presentations and deal approval
- Lead site technical due diligence as part of the site selection process
- Work with legal team to manage contracts related to project with a view to have contract templates, properly reflecting country specific legal requirements and market practices and conditions
- Strategize negotiations with government, landlord, developers, design, construction and engineering as well as other technical facilities services providers to achieve best deals for Flexports
- Maintain close partnership with workplace managers to drive, lead and facilitate discussion, programming of workplace requirements (headcount/growth, allocations, adjacencies, special support needs) with business units, collate and analyze data related to requirements, workspace needs and plan for restack as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of and connectivity to the financial and construction market to leverage best practices and provide opportunities for innovation and intelligent savings. Lead procurement process supported by local workplace team including establishing scope of work, selection panel participation, etc
- Seek advice and recommendations from designer, surveyors and general contractors in the selection of finishes, furniture. materials, per any corporate guideline, maintainability and budget perspective
Metrics/ Reporting/ Processes Excellence
- Ensure timely approvals, contract award, project payment and financial closure
- Develop and manage real estate capital and operating expense budgets, provide input into financial planning and expense forecasting of budgets
- Consistently seek, suggest and document cost control ideas and process improvements
- Assist to establish database and metrics of space planning metrics, actual space utilization/density, market trends and actively iterate design and construction guidelines to enhance efficiency and productivity of stakeholders
- Managing project reporting and communication processes; dashboard reporting, Progress reports, etc
You should have:
- Maintained an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards integrity and ethics
- Professional degree in either Real Estate, Project Management, Architecture or Engineering along with a successful track record of managing all phases of real estate transaction, corporate facilities projects and leading multiple complex projects at the same time
- 8-10 years of direct experience in transaction management, commercial interior and workplace renovation, and strong time management programming, building construction, life safety and building codes and; 3-5 years of global corporate real estate and/or financial services experience preferred
- Real estate transaction licenses and Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Solid knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Proficiency in industry standard project management tools
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility for projects
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead and build trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances within a matrix, internal and external organization
- Proven success in providing customers with desired products, services, and experiences that builds their trust and confidence
- Capable of planning for and ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, and staffing needed to accomplish business initiatives
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals
- Demonstrated creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity
- Excellent communication skills and executive presentation for critical business decisions
- Strong desire to update knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Willingness to frequent business travel from time-to-time
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.