As a result of our global expansion and the network effects that we are seeing with our partners globally we are hiring a Business Development Manager to support our new Partner Led Sales initiative, which is making global trade easier for our Partners and their local clients. This role will work in a cross-functional environment between Flexport’s Network Partners, their clients, as well as internal teams to help establish a new way for Flexport to grow exponentially all around the world! This role has the potential to bring extensive impact to the organization by establishing processes and initiatives that are scalable across numerous geographies.
The right person for this role will be a proactive, creative, true problem-solver, and a teacher at heart. You will be one of the founding members of this new business and have the ability to shape it and scale the initiative out globally. Due to the nature of the role you will also have substantial senior leadership visibility and be asked to go above and beyond what you would do in a regular BD role. If this sounds like something that excites you, then we want to hear from you as we will be looking for someone ASAP!
- In close collaboration with Partners’ GMs and sales leadership, define joint growth plan, strategies (target clients, segments, lanes, etc.), and commercial metrics & KPIs
- Review commercial performance and funnel against agreed upon plans
- Empower and enable our Partners' sales teams on selling Flexport, through mix of 1-1 engagement, training (remote & onsite), self-service resources, etc., incl.:
- Flexport Value Proposition and Brand Promise (Technology, Global Buying Power, Local Presence, Global Standardization)
- Flexport’s Global Capabilities (Asia, US, EU, etc)
- Flexport Client platform and functionalities available to their clients
- Flexport Trade & Financial Services products such as Customs, Insurance, Capital, and Order Management
- Build client and market facing resources for our Partners clients to source help close more business and drive stickiness of Flexport
- Build playbooks for our Partners to ramp up their AE’s quickly and drive success
- Engage with Partners customers when necessary and be Flexport expert in the room for SMB or small Enterprise clients; provide leads and introductions from existing network where relevant; and assist Partners in closing deals as required
- Design and drive joint campaigns & pilots with Partners’ sales team to drive Flexport business, increase client adoption of Flexport technology, and increase attach rates of Flexport TFS products
- Potentially, create LATAM focused marketing initiatives (e.g. online campaigns, events) together with Partners and Flexport Marketing team
- Design & iterate pricing & profit share models, drive win-win growth
- Cross-collaborate with our TL teams on air and ocean to drive success and understand market realities that should inform our growth strategies
- Be Flexport’s expert on local market nuances and opportunities, inform localization requirements of Flexport product suite & technology platform
- Create the playbook of commercial strategies to scale PLS to other parts of the globe and begin to define how we identify potential markets and customers to expand into
- Help identify other key market opportunities, such as GKA or special projects with Partners, and escalate and involve senior management to close deals
You should have:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese skills & professional experience required
- An Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to innovate, and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Proven track record in selling logistics services; ideally within LATAM region
- Builder mindset: ability to set objectives and targets, define strategies, and get hands dirty
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, cross-collaborative, and organizational skills, able to connect within Partner organizations at multiple levels
- Strong background or appetite for driving enablement to achieve the organization's overall goals; working with and through (not around) our Partners sales teams
- Able to strongly communicate and align stakeholders on Flexport’s Proposition value and vision
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your Partners’ client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success. At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.