At Flexport, global trade is powered by data -- data that equips our clients with best-in-class visibility into their supply chains and helps them run their businesses effectively.
As a Director, Ocean Trade Lane Management Yield & Planning, you operate at a high level of expertise and impact both internally and externally. You have a proven track record of success in building high performing teams, collaborating successfully across multiple areas of the business (e.g., Sales, Client Solutions,Tech, etc).
You are an Ocean expert with strong financial understanding, able to navigate the dynamics of internal and external environments to execute Flexport objectives and build a dynamic Ocean trade.
- Be an Ocean Leader, contribute and lead setting of cross functional OKRs, setting project priorities and coordination with other internal stakeholders
- Lead the North America Allocation Teams
- Create and promote the best solutions for Flexport customers
- Fully own customer and carrier allocation management, solution design and transform allocation management into a key differentiator for flexport in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with the trade lane management team on creative solutions like vessel charter, slot charter and premium solutions
- Partner with Client Solutions & Sales to provide enablement and support operationalizing of those solutions
- Communicate Ocean strategy and market to Flexport stakeholders, work with demand leadership on prioritization and enablement strategies
- Be the default allocation and yield subject-matter-expert partner for Client Solutions & the broader Commercial organization
- Drive growth and profitability
- Drive the volume and net revenue growth targets for the region and own the implementation of global financial plans and strategies
- Transform Allocation Management into Yield management by optimizing margin, carrier allocation and routing strategies
You should have:
- BA/BS and 7+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain, analysis or operations
- Experience as a second line manager
- Strong cross functional and international Project Management skills
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution capabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Employee Applicant Requirements: (Heading 2, Bold) - Internal JD only
- Employees need to be in their current role for at least 12 months and in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Communication about open internal roles will be shared with all employees through the internal communication lead at Flexport and coordinated by the recruiting team. Communication via email will go out company-wide twice per month, and will be included in the company newsletter once per month.
- Transition periods for employees into their new roles should be no longer than 30 days (unless taking place during Peak Season or in critical cases). We want to make sure that employees can join their new teams in a timely manner so that their experience in their new role is just as positive as it was in their first role with Flexport. This timeframe will allow proper transition plans to be put into place and address any geographic moves.
*If you have questions about this process please talk with your manager, your GM or your executive team member.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.