Promote, Protect and Evolve the Flexport Brand
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The Marketing team is focused on empowering the brand’s voice, tackling new challenges and responding with big creative solutions. We’re looking for a seasoned internal and external communications professional to establish the communications discipline in Asia. Your remit is twofold: building the Flexport brand externally through corporate communications, product PR and industry thought leadership. On the internal side, you will help the company attract and retain the best talent by engaging employees across our offices and warehouses in Asia. Based in Shenzhen or Shanghai and working closely with partners in Marketing, People and Asia Leadership, you will help promote, protect and evolve Flexport’s reputation in the world.
- Own internal and external communications for Flexport in Asia, specifically Hong Kong, Greater China and Singapore. We work closely with partners in India, Vietnam, South Korea.
- Drive employee engagement through a sense of regional Flexport identity for the Asia offices and their employees
- Identify where internal and external communications can most support the company’s business strategy, mission and vision and develop annual/quarterly plans and programs
- Partner closely with global and regional Flexport executives to localize the Flexport narrative and ensure its clear delivery in Asia
- Write and/or localize internal and external materials (including organizational updates, company initiatives, and corporate, product and industry news) that support the company’s business strategy, mission and vision
- Create communications on behalf of regional executive leadership, including messaging for Asia all-employee meetings, organization announcements, videos, presentations, and social media (specifically WeChat).
- Plan and deliver unique communication methods and employee experiences that inform, engage, and inspire Flexporters in the Asia region (e.g., All Hands, Friday lunch talks, intranet, videos, etc.), all fully aligned with our global/central internal communications strategy
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations on how to improve
You should have:
- At least seven years of relevant experience in employee engagement (internal communications and events) and external communications (corporate and product media relations and content creation)
- Experience navigating the Asian technology and business media landscape, with hands-on media relationships in Greater China.
- Experience managing and nurturing an agency team - proven track record of getting the best out of your extended team.
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a high-growth technology environment is a plus
- Strong command of English; written Chinese is essential.
- Ability to prioritize for a global team and be sensitive to cultural differences and preferences
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with global and diverse teams
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. While you will plug into both the global Communications team as well as the local Marketing team (and will have access to agency support) you will be driving communications in the Asia region - no task can be too big or too small
- A passion for changing the world through global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.