Account Executive Air - Benelux
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects over 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. The role of the Account Executive is to be an ally to our prospects and clients. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
As Flexport Europe we have decided to heavily invest in our Air Freight product offering to further grow our footprint in this segment. To support our growth ambition we’re looking for a driven and intellectually curious Account Executive for Air Freight to help make Flexport the leader in Global Air Freight!
- You will uncover what is most important to prospects and clients with Air Freight needs in the Benelux in order to design and deliver the best Flexport solution to meet their needs.
- Build and manage a diverse pipeline of prospective Air Freight clients
- Identify opportunities for account growth while retaining and expanding revenue within book of business
- You will provide feedback to Product and Service leaders on program enhancements and service offerings needed to be more competitive in the air freight industry, and with that have a significant impact on the overall development of the air proposition in the Benelux.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry and supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate and support your clients through change.
- Lead a squad in partnership with a Client Solutions Manager to drive client success and revenue generation
You should have:
- 5+ years in sales, with 3 years of closing experience
- A successfully completed degree in business, supply chain or related relevant field
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills, with the ability to connect in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (Required)
- Sales or business development experience in the Air Freight industry (Required)
- Thorough domain knowledge on airfreight in the Benelux, and an intimate understanding of the competitive landscape.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry
- The excitement for building something from the ground up with an enduring “can do” attitude
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken?
- Business fluency in Dutch and English (oral and written) is required