Product Designer II, Sustainability Experience/Flexport.org
Design the products that power global trade.
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams.
The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Product Designer to simplify intricate workflows and surface data in a meaningful and intuitive manner. This individual enjoys complex design challenges and driving clarity from ambiguity. Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and informing the product vision to ensuring delightful implementation. To be successful, Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, and communicate clearly.
This unique opportunity for Sustainability Experience / Flexport.org focuses on the intersection of environment, social good and logistics. The product designer in this role will work collaboratively with Business and Technology partners to shape and create the future of Sustainability Experience (such as ways for our clients to measure, offset, and reduce the carbon emissions of their shipments), as part of Flexport.org.
Flexport.org is the dedicated impact team within Flexport. It is a critical part of the Flexport mission. We believe that technology should help solve humanity’s most pressing challenges. Given our unique platform and services, and our position in the freight forwarding industry, we have an unparalleled opportunity and responsibility to help others around the globe. Since 2017, Flexport.org has offset over 295,000 tons of carbon (equal to what a forest 12x the size of San Francisco absorbs in a year!), delivered 16.5M lbs of aid to 60+countries, and has reached over 100M people.
The Flexport.org Tech team directly enables Flexport.org’s mission through building software that will scale the impact made by sustainability and humanitarian aid initiatives. This team builds products that leverage Flexport’s platform to make a real-world impact, such as reducing global carbon emissions from shipping, empowering nonprofits to deliver aid effectively, and preventing unused goods from being destroyed. If you are passionate about using technology and data systems to realize humanitarian and environmental missions, you’ve found your home. Come deliver a big impact for good, on a global scale.
- Work closely with your teammates across Flexport.org, Customer Platform, and the rest of the organization to create delightful experiences for our users.
- Conceive, develop, test, and iterate on product experiences that help our clients increase their environmental sustainability and deliver humanitarian aid across the globe.
- Advocate for our users and champion world class UX.
- Conduct user research and gather insights with guidance from researchers.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts.
- Quickly iterate upon feedback.
- Inform the vision for your product and inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
- Incorporate Flexport’s design system into your solutions.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating successfully launched products. Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work and rationale.
- Ability to understand environmental and humanitarian needs from the perspective of the business.
- Firm understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking.
- Familiarity with data visualization methods.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote