Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone, and ocean shipping sits at the core of that mission. It’s Flexport’s largest business line, and foundational to many modern supply chains (most of the goods you see around you were shipped in an ocean container at some point).
As a product manager on our Ocean team, you’ll help us launch innovative new service offerings so that our customers can get their goods where they need to go faster, cheaper, and more reliably than ever before. You’ll drive projects that bring scalable tech solutions to an industry that’s long been reliant on tedious, manual processes.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s ocean services the best in the market.
- Work with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Become a domain expert: understand the ocean shipping market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all.
- Innovate within the ocean freight industry and help us reimagine global trade!
You could be a fit if:
- You have 1-2 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- You can understand the levers of a business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- You’re technically competent, and can discuss APIs, data models, and services with the engineering team (but you don’t need to be able to code!).
- You can communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions, teams, and levels of the organization
- You can lead and motivate a product development team with a bias towards execution.
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes.
- You have experience in or are excited to learn about logistics & freight forwarding
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward through technology.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.