We’re looking for an Implementation Manager focused on our Global Key Account segment to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to establish and standardize the Global Implementation Methodology that will be utilized across our organization. Global Key Accounts is our fastest growing client segment pushing the boundaries of solution design. The ideal candidate should have the ability to lead large scale client implementations and have extensive experience managing cross-functional projects. Salivating at the thought of solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Partner with Sales and Account Management acting as the primary set of extra hands shepherding the client through the implementation lifecycle including engaging in implementation related pre-sale activities.
- Fully understand the client opportunity scope and priorities to create and advise rollout strategy recommendations balancing client needs, Flexport standards, resource availability and amount of planned change.
- Organize award scope in the context of the planned client roadmap. Develop a tailored implementation project plan ensuring client and internal teams across sales, account management, planning & operations, carrier relations, procurement, fulfillment, technical and other teams are in position to execute.
- Lead the implementation of new client accounts or new business with existing clients from business award of multi-modal services through implementation and ramp up to steady state service delivery. Successfully close out phases confirming full transition of work to front line teams.
- Identify and escalate deviations from the agreed upon awarded scope and rally the cross functional teams to consider solution options, evaluate cost, and client impacts.
- Work in partnership with client project management resources to jointly build the project plan, develop communication rhythms and establish rapport gaining client insights to drive to a successful outcome.
- Summarize and report out on implementation program status to leadership (commercial, business, and operational) highlighting any barriers to success and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Build and execute the Global Key Account implementation methodology including defining processes, cross functional team engagement, and templates designed with flexibility for varied customers and services
- Serve as the expert on Global Key Account Implementation processes creating global standards embedded into the commercial go-to-market strategy. Capture lessons learned to drive improvements into the Global Implementation Methodology.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of professional logistics, supply chain management/consulting, freight forwarding experience specific to client implementation
- Working knowledge of end to end international transportation process design and best practices.
- A knack for spotting opportunities to simplify processes and solutions while preserving client happiness
- A consistent track record of success in scoping, planning, starting and finishing client-facing, cross-functional projects
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and confidence in front of clients
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.