Growth Operations Analyst
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Group, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we're excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you're guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we're looking for a Growth Operations Analyst in San Francisco to keep our sales pipeline strong. This is a high impact and high ownership opportunity for self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and revolutionizing global trade.
This role is for operations professionals with 2+ years experience in technical or process driven operations functions within a go-to-market organization. To be considered, you need a track record of hitting and exceeding goals, excellent organizational skills, exceptional problem solving capabilities, and love to win new customers.
- Own the data and the account assignment infrastructure that power our $1B+ revenue sales engine
- Update existing records, create new records, and push alerts and tasks to customer team members related to activity in their books of business
- Design, conduct and execute pilots, experiments, and other top of funnel (prospect) and bottom of funnel (client) initiatives to increase our conversion, decrease our CAC, and increase our lifetime client value
- Add qualified account records into our database for our sales team to acquire, including managing our PIERS API connection, our air database integration, and our outsourced vendors for account research and data quality work
- Enrich lead and account records using third party data sources, Support Ninja (offshore data entry support), and internal Flexport data with help from our makers and marketing operations team
- Iterate upon our rules-engine for managing account assignments to SDRs
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing and SMB sales teams to create custom account lists for targeted campaigns
- Measure conversion rates to better inform SDR and AE strategy
- Work with Data, Sales Ops, and Sales Strategy teams to design strategies to increase lead conversion and reduce customer acquisition cost
You should have:
- 2+ years experience in a go-to-market operations function;
- Experience working with large datasets, including statistical analysis. SQL and Excel expertise preferred;
- BA/BS Degree preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with winning new customers who derive value from Flexport solutions. You succeed when they succeed;
- The intellectual horsepower to inform sales and marketing strategy
- Ability to craft compelling presentations, and able to relay information is a seamless way
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and quickly gain trust with senior leadership
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Brownie points for experience with Sales Ops and Marketing Ops functions including Salesforce Admin, Dashboard Creation, Lead distribution, Looker, SQL, Marketo etc.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.