As a Network Trade Lane Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexport’s advanced technology systems, and working on the front-lines to ensure Client Solutions Teams - and by extension, Flexport customers - have the right solutions and the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating and executing the end-to-end shipment lifecycle: procurement, solution design, rate setting, database management, vendor financial auditing, and implementation for the geography’s imports and exports.
- Coordinate and implement the end-to-end solutions designed for Flexport customers
- Act as the first point of contact for all Air/OCS issues, requests, or questions & take the lead in reaching a resolution
- Triage incoming requests and find an end-to-end resolution where possible or provide direction to the appropriate team for resolution
- Drive and support initiatives to promote growth and profitability for the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Identify areas for process improvements and contribute to future automation design
- Take a critical approach to company and customer SOPs and identify ways to improve them
- Be a general expert, able to support procurement, solution design, rate setting, vendor audits and implementation cycles for all geographies in your region
You should have:
- BA/BS and 1-3 year(s) of related work experience
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc); basic programming capabilities a plus
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.