Develop and strengthen our finance function!
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Global Vendor Operations Manager to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of the company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Global Vendor Operations Manager with this mission. You will assist with various finance areas including assisting in vendor selection and facilitating onboarding/offboarding, performance management and audits, and contract lifecycle management. You will be responsible for coordinating between several internal teams ensuring that everyone is following vendor and procurement policies.
This person will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements and prioritize.
Successful candidates will have broad and deep experience in the vendor lifecycle management function globally for both indirect and direct vendors; with a proven track record on scaling vendor management policies and processes.
Report into the Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement. This person will work closely with the accounting and finance teams, but also extend services to the operations, procurement, legal, tax, security and business systems as needed.
- Engage with vendors to gather required documents during onboarding, acting as a liaison between the vendor and Flexport. This includes facilitating the completion of credit applications in collaboration with Operations, Procurement, Legal, Tax, Business Systems, and Finance as needed.
- Collaborate with IT Security, Legal, Compliance Accounts Payable and department level stakeholders to ensure vendors are onboarded and managed properly throughout the vendor lifecycle.
- Understanding complex onboarding requirements for vendors across a wide range of categories including G&A (software, workplace, services) and freight (shipping, trucking, air) will be critical in this role.
- Manage master vendor database, ensuring that proper due diligence is exercised before performing account updates and develop a standardized process for maintaining vendor hygiene: account clean up initiatives, offboarding checklist.
- Provide weekly master vendor data reporting to procurement teams and furnish monthly reporting for indirect procurement operations, including vendor onboarding, contracts, purchase requests, and invoice processing
- Work independently, have strong management, leadership, and technical skills.
- Proactively able to address issues and effectively prioritize issue resolution
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Clearly communicate Flexport’s requirements to vendors and ensure that business moves eﬃciently, while reducing ﬁnancial and IT security liability.
- Understand the health of different operations to troubleshoot escalations and improve process efficiency. This includes proactive documentation of policies and standardized processes, and providing education to team members as needed.
- Build and manage relationships with external vendor partners and internal stakeholders
- Where possible, ensure that vendor management operations across regions are at parity with one another
- Designing & launching a comprehensive Supplier/Vendor Diversity Program
You should have:
- 5+ years of related experience in a high growth technology company with a Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or Business (Master’s degree is a plus); Candidate should have broad experience in vendor management/compliance/risk mitigation, accounting, procurement, and financial controls; Experience in the freight industry is a plus
- Previous successful experience identifying and driving improvements, building a detailed step by step vendor management function with our internal stakeholders
- Fraud investigation and/or risk management background
- Advanced Excel Skills, proﬁcient with Netsuite, Coupa experience is a plus and experience in other ERP vendor management tools is a plus
- Experience with technical platform implementation and experience in previous companies with multiple international subsidiaries
- Previous experience successfully completing SOX or FedRAMP audits as it relates to vendor screening and management is a plus.
- Ability to develop and share new solutions to old problems
- Self-starter mindset, adapt to rapid changes, able to operate with a high level of autonomy, strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation