We are reinventing global trade.
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth and culture-minded “leader of leaders” with a proven track record of success to lead our Enterprise segment in the Chicago office. As a Director of Client Solutions, you will have ownership for a number of Client Solutions teams and partner closely with a Sales Director to grow the business. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, and stakeholder satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will be responsible for developing employees for growth in this fast-growing company. You will report into our General Manager of Chicago and work closely with all global leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage client solutions teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performing team of managers and individual contributors, including hiring, training, and career development;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each team to expand and accelerate growth & adoption, operational excellence and customer & carrier satisfaction (NPS);
- Drive adoption of the Flexport platform, generate organic growth opportunities and drive network effects of online adoption.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Adopt and continually refine effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Lead and inspire top talent to reinvent and streamline processes, practices and behaviors to drive customer success.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility and an obsession with service to make Flexport the preferred partner to our local customers (factories, shippers, suppliers) and service providers (carriers & truckers).
- Be local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience scaling client-facing service and operations teams including leading managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced logistics or supply-chain experience;
- Proven leadership, coaching and management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.