Network Global Solutions Associate - Job Description
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
The Network team is an integral part of Flexport operations and is planning to expand rapidly with several new sites, new offerings and a superior customer experience. Our aim is to build highly efficient Air, Ocean, and Trucking offerings of the future for freight forwarding.
As a result of our very ambitious growth plans we're looking for an Associate to join our growing Global Network Solutions Team who will propel us in our next phase of growth. In this new role the Associate will drive several projects related to operational strategy, growing our footprint, standardizing our blueprint and also improving day-to-day operational efficiency globally.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct complex studies based on volume flows, strategic priorities and market trends to develop recommendations on future network footprint
- Support teams in mapping and maintaining Network Operations process documentation globally
- Conduct studies to quantify efficiency and service level improvements (e.g. cost benefit of using new hardware/software in the warehouse)
- Participate and drive global projects on continuous process improvements / new service pilots
- Conduct research on service offering and additional services we can offer
- Develop standard templates on launching new offerings, including models for calculating break-even points, investment required etc.
- Interact with Global Network community to share best practices
- Develop standardized global and regional KPI dashboard structure for Network Team and work with Data science team to implement these (basic SQL knowledge needed for this)
- Monitor regular progress on key Network KPIs and work locally with network teams on improvements
- Conduct network and routing analysis in order to optimize the overall sub-contractor and ground operations network
- You will work with gateway and global management to ensure the right metrics and data are in place to empower your regional team to deliver great performance.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and improving overall cost-to-serve while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- You will help design and implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the team you oversee while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower your team to prioritize and align on key initiatives, experiment with the best ways to drive growth and maintain high on-the-job motivation.
- You will be an active student, learning the skills of leadership which Flexport will strive to apprentice.
- You will work with Account Management to design and iterate on effective feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will act as a strategic consultant to your global counterparts, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations and your regional gateway ocean or network operations strategy.
- The desire to lead, train and develop up and coming industry talent
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 2+ years of prior experience as a Supply Chain Solutions Analyst or in Supply Chain or Management Consulting, and Hardware Operations would be preferred OR candidates Master’s in Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering or in previous Operational role will also be considered
- Experience in building complex data models on Excel, developing macros and prior SQL knowledge is a must (added experience in Python a plus)
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- Experience of working in the Logistics/Hardware industry or developing operational strategy would be a plus
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures.
We’re looking for folks that have:
- Excitement to manage relations and create a best-in-class operational structure
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in day-to-day execution and process improvement
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Client service mindset - obsessed with client and squad happiness
- A mastery of internal and external communication
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
Where you'll work:
The role will be based out of Chicago and you would be working together closely with the Head of Global Solutions team for Network. Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.