The Flexport.org team works with nonprofit and for-profit partners to solve environmental and social issues, both globally and locally. Our programs focus on reducing global carbon emissions, providing low-cost global freight forwarding solutions for nonprofits and community engagement. Over the past year, Flexport.org demonstrated significant contributions to global humanitarian aid work as well as to Flexport’s business success. The Flexport.org Operations Specialist will ensure that aid gets to where it is needed most - efficiently, every time - and help build out the capacity of the nonprofit community by acting as their logistics subject matter expert.
- Manage all aspects of shipments related to humanitarian aid, development projects, and corporate product donations from origin to destination
- Coordinate a wide variety of shipments, including those on emerging lanes for Flexport and involving complex processes (i.e. exports to Africa, domestic trucking to non-profit receivers, dangerous goods and refrigerated goods, etc.)
- Shepherd nonprofits and other social impact organizations through the complexities of international trade; consult with Flexport.org clients and partners (such as international aid agencies) to optimize supply chain processes
- Implement strategies to track and grow the impact of Flexport.org shipments
- Plan, execute, and document cargo movements to regions that are new to Flexport, navigating volatile import regulations
- Collaborate with the rest of the Flexport.org team and those in supporting departments (Customs, Supply, Legal, Compliance, Partners) to ensure the highest level of service possible
- Support the development of Flexport’s disaster relief, donation matchmaking, and Flexport.org Fund programs
- Develop and drive new ideas and initiatives to grow Flexport.org’s impact
You Should Have:
- 1-2 years of experience in operations, project management, sales/account management, or a client facing role
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, humanitarian aid, international development, or social impact (preferred)
- Impact-driven: obsessed with enabling sustainability and global development initiatives, maximizing the impact of both Flexport.org and our clients’ programs
- Leadership abilities to work and communicate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and the larger problems in the humanitarian and development space, striving to become an expert on aid logistics (Flexport.org = constant learning and problem solving)
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through metrics and operational details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship
- A desire to join a new and fast-growing business unit - like in every startup, grit and a hands-on mentality are important for success
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.