We are looking for a highly motivated Finance Operations Manager to help strengthen our Accounts Payable and Receivable department and processes. This role will be a key partner for the finance, accounting, operations and procurement teams to streamline and scale processes. The Finance Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the people, processes and technology that enable Flexport to maintain controls that ensure the integrity of the accounts payable and receivable system.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in both Freight Forwarding, as well as procurement and AR and AP operations; including supplier management, accounts payable and payment processing, managing policy, and maintaining contractual and accounting compliance activities. This role will require high standards for operational excellence and stakeholder communication. The position will report to the Head of Finance EMEA.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to the AP team on a continuous basis
- Partner with stakeholders to create actionable AP metrics and develop a structure for periodic business reviews
- Develop, maintain, and enforce global compliance policies, contract requirements, and accounting standards
- Oversee AP related product features developed in partnership with the Makers’ org (Product, Engineering and Design) to ensure proper business operations alignment
- Lead monthly AP close processes and partner across the Finance & Accounting organization to ensure accurate accounting of payments
- Develop and execute roadmaps to implement process improvements and controls to scale AP
- Proactively identify and prevent leakage through problem solving and team coordination
- Manage the distribution of AP request volume across team members, while ensuring excellent customer service by responding to stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner
- Create an inclusive work environment that inspires and encourages each team member to strive to achieve current and future business objectives
You should have:
- 10+ years of finance/accounting experience in Logistics sector
- Proven track record in designing, hiring, and managing a team (bonus points for build a team in shared services environment)
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically driving projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Passion for streamlining processes
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Experience with Netsuite
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.