Product Manager II, Ops Tools
Build the booking platform that powers global trade The opportunity:
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for our internal Operations and Client Solution Teams as well as our worldwide partners.
● Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap that builds a scalable and reliable freight forwarding platform
● Help set Flexport’s 3-5 year strategy and how we will get there, as well as own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience
● Focus on decoupling our cost-to-serve from our growing business, helping accelerate our path to profitability
● Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts to deliver on the product vision
● Participate in research and user discovery with internal teams and external partners
● Become a domain expert: understand the market, Flexport’s systems and the competitive landscape
● Work with a global tech team across San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Amsterdam
You should have:
● 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, 5+ years total working experience
● A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
● Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
● Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating
● Crystal clear communication skills, driving consensus across functions and teams
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
● Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
● What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
● We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Erhalten Sie wöchentliche Einblicke und Informationen rund um das Thema globaler Handel – direkt in Ihren Posteingang.