Support our SCO Teams!
The role of the SCOps Specialist is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to facilitate the movement of shipments while discovering and driving efficiencies that build and improve operations as part of our Global team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customer shipments are executed according to plan, on time and within budget. As the person who manages movement in your region with laser focus, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional account team spot opportunities to improve and grow our customers’ business. You will drive impact through surfacing new ideas to eliminate waste, improve customer experience or introducing innovative ways of managing a supply chain.
What you'll do:
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will test scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers and within our new operational model.
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal and external partners such as ocean, intermodal and drayage vendors, the customs team and the Network Operations team.
- Execute the movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- In Network teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, LCL, Transload, Trucking, and Warehouse activities within your region by working with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Execute the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including both Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will help implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower Account Management by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your role, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 0-1 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Communicating with structure
- Managing time and commitments
- Building and using your work process
- Owning your environment, tools and materials
- Problem Solving 1: conducting research to solve problems
- Problem solving 2: Framing problems
- Pulling in help
- Desire to “build a better machine” and get irritated when things aren’t optimal
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excitement to manage vendor relations and create best-in-class, innovative structures to do so
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A client service mindset; you are obsessed with client and squad happiness
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Flexibility to get the job done when needed. Willing to work outside office hours and occasional weekend or night shifts in certain locations.