Build the analytics to help Flexport grow
As a Data Analytics Intern, you will work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade. You will own and work through an entire data analytics project end-to-end over 12 weeks.
It will ultimately culminate in delivering a production ready feature and presenting it and your process to our team. The Data Analytics team at Flexport has an enormous variety in the types of projects they work on and covers all Flexport departments, including Growth Marketing, Operations Excellence, Ocean Procurement, and everything in between.
- Lead and complete at least one data analytics project that will be used in production.
- Work with a supportive mentor who has a stake in your success and will help you grow.
- Work cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport - analytics, engineering, product, and business teams.
- Apply analytical and statistical concepts from your education and work experience to real world challenges.
- Learn and use our modern analytics tech stack, including dbt, Airflow, Snowflake, and Looker.
You should have:
- Rising senior actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, or have previous internship experience in an analyst role.
- Completed coursework in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related fields.
- SQL fluency, with experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker preferred).
You will get:
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at Flexport.
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business.
- Visibility to leaders within the organization and opportunities to present your work/projects.
- Opportunity to join team building activities to get you familiarized with both your immediate team and other Flexport employees.
- Bring experience and/or knowledge of something we can learn from you! Internships are at their best when they’re bi-directional.
- We value culture adds, not culture fits, so bring your full, authentic self!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.