Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Partnerships Manager as part of our Partnerships Team to join our growing Asia Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with not only the Partners Team and our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the end to end Flexport presence in South East Asia. Work with our partners and vendors in the region to execute flawlessly on providing best-in-class import and export shipment services to our customers.
- Become a trusted source of expertise on shipping to and from the major ports / airports in South East Asia.
- Play an active role in managing 2-3 partners in the region, identifying and working with the partners consultatively to improve performance and knowledge of Flexport software.
- Identify initiatives to grow the book of business internally and externally representing the South East Asia region for Flexport.
- Troubleshoot exceptions and escalations on shipments operated by assigned Flexport Partners.
- Leverage global performance metrics, targets, dashboards, and reporting to drive quality and consistency of operations of partners.
- Be an contributing member of a high performing team to manage and grow our partner landscape in South East Asia.
- Perform Analysis and Review partner quarterly and monthly performance and prepare partner-facing material for review with the partner.
- Be the subject matter expert relating to our partner supply capabilities for squads in the region.
- Own exceptions and escalations on shipments operated by assigned Flexport Partners (supported by Partner Operations Associates)
- Work with partners to plan sufficient resources necessary to support Flexport’s rapid growth resource planning conversations
- Drive continuous performance improvement within assigned partners, through digital adoption, process improvement, and ongoing enablement
- Own sourcing, vetting, and onboarding of new freight forwarding and customs partners where needed
- Sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and willing exclusivity
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team and partners
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen “partner app” including localization requirements for assigned markets
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Be a leader within the Partner team and contribute to global initiatives as well as roll-outs.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 6-8 years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience;
- Relevant in-market experience in South East Asia highly regarded;
- Prior Experience as a program manager;
- Strong Project management skills;
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners, in the diverse cultural context of Southeast Asia;
- Solid negotiation and influencing without authority skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, able to connect within partner organizations at multiple levels;
- World class follow through skills;
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach;
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.