Our Finance Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, vendors and all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam.
This role is primarily responsible for timely and accurate processing of Flexport's Global Payroll. The Global Payroll Manager will be the primary contact for all management and People Ops teams payroll related inquiries and requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and excellent customer service support skills. The candidate will respond to frequent and urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing and payroll policy matters. This person will also work closely with our People Ops team to assure we are using Workday to its fullest capacity by using integrations, data flows, documented processes, etc.
- Review, approve and settle the biweekly and monthly global payrolls (15+/month)
- Respond to management inquiries on flux analysis, bank debits, payroll reporting, tax analysis and/or general payroll questions
- Review/Audit payroll related information and processes entered into Workday to ensure accurate wage processing and most effective use of the Workday platform
- Assist in periodic audits and reporting requests as needed and take necessary steps to correct any discrepancies
- Project manage special projects as assigned such as documenting workflows, registering in new states for payroll taxation, improving processes/procedures and/or implementing a global payroll provider
- Assure that all outside systems are integrating into Workday efficiently
- Work with internal team and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Support System Integrations between HR and Global Payroll Systems
- Test new set up, system enhancements, system updates and integrations affecting global payroll
- Meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing workloads
- Collaborate well as a team member and work autonomously as conflicts and challenges arise
- Has experience with payroll compliance matters, such as tax withholding for international or multi-state jurisdictions (including Canada), garnishments, and key annual audits (worker’s compensation and external financial audits)
You should have:
- BA/BS and 7+ years of experience in payroll, accounting, human resources, business studies or related field
- Proficient with Workday Payroll software (5+ years)
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, etc) and Google Apps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.