Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone, and ocean shipping sits at the core of that mission. It’s Flexport’s largest business line, and foundational to many modern supply chains (most of the goods you see around you were shipped in an ocean container at some point).
As a product manager on our Ocean team, you’ll help us launch innovative new service offerings so that our customers can get their goods where they need to go faster, cheaper, and more reliably than ever before. You’ll drive projects that bring data & automation to an industry that’s long been reliant on tedious, manual processes.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s ocean services the best in the market.
- Lead cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Become a domain expert: understand the ocean shipping market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all.
- Innovate within the ocean freight industry and help us reimagine global trade!
You should have:
- You have at least 4 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- You can understand the levers of a business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- You’re technically competent, and can discuss APIs, data models, and services with the engineering team (but you don’t need to be able to code!).
- You can communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- You can work independently and lead a smoothly running product development team with a bias towards execution.
- You have the executive presence to hold your own with a senior leadership team.
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes.
- You’re willing to travel (~15% of the time).
- You have experience in or are excited to learn about logistics & freight forwarding
Flexport believes global trade can move the human race forward. Our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. To achieve this, we’re building the “Operating System for Global trade” — a combination of modern, internet era technology & data analytics; logistics infrastructure; and supply chain expertise. Flexport connects ~10k clients and suppliers across >100 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Founded in 2013, we've raised >$1.3B from SoftBank, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and YC. We’re excited to start seriously scaling up after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund early this year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.