Build the world’s best solution for answering the question “Where’s my stuff?”
Flexport’s Visibility service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of cargo for Flexport’s clients with the ease of a Google search. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
- Reporting to the Group Product Manager for Visibility, you will solve a fundamental customer need in a complex, fragmented domain, answering the question, “Where’s my stuff?”
- Coordinate and prioritize the roadmap between Engineering, Business Operations, and Customer needs.
- Leverage the team’s domain knowledge of freight forwarding and global logistics to define, refine, test, deploy, and support the Visibility services that we deliver to our external and internal customers.
- Collaborate and engage both with your internal peers and the larger logistics community to deepen your domain knowledge and help evangelize our service.
- Dive deep into the technology, data, and partners that drive our visibility offering.
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
- At least three years of high tech product management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, and relate your product work to the company’s financial health
- Relentlessly data-driven
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a product development team with many cross-team dependencies and impacts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Crystal clear communication skills and can make sure everybody is on the same page
- A passion for design and building simple, usable features
- The ability to cut through complexity, with a near hacker-like mentality.
Flexport believes global trade can move the human race forward. Our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. To achieve this, we’re building the “Operating System for Global trade” — a combination of modern, internet era technology & data analytics; logistics infrastructure; and supply chain expertise.
Flexport connects ~10k clients and suppliers across >100 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Founded in 2013, we've raised >$1.3B from SoftBank, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and YC. We’re excited to start seriously scaling up after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund early this year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.