Senior Technical Program Manager
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help develop technology products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
- Partner with global Engineering, Product and Business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key initiatives
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality
- Clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements & close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated into Epics (Features) or User Stories. Facilitate the gathering of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives.
- Build and manage program reporting, plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks and change management
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand technology architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes and partner closely with engineers to QA solutions when needed to help resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development & Continuous integration/Continuous delivery guidelines (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, Code Coverage) and any other compliance requirements are followed
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues
- Coach/mentor new teams on scrum agile processes and establish process and tools for agile execution
You should have:
- 10+ years of technical program management experience within the B2B product development space with large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong understanding of product development, software, and technology architecture concepts
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization and time management
- A data and metrics driven mindset
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
Bonus points if you have:
- You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
- Relevant working experience in software platforms
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote