Help us scale up our Network Procurement Team in Europe.
As a Network Trade Lane Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexport’s advanced technology systems, and working on the front-lines to ensure Client Solutions Teams - and by extension, Flexport customers - have the right solutions and the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating and executing the end-to-end shipment lifecycle: procurement, solution design, rate setting, database management, vendor financial auditing, and implementation for the geography’s imports and exports.
What you will do:
Coordinate and implement the end-to-end solutions designed for Flexport customers
- Execute the end-to-end creation and delivery of solutions for Flexport customers; interface and collaborate with other internal Supply teams (Trucking, Supply Chain Operations, Partner Team, etc) to achieve this
- Procure rates for customer requests within our network of vendors (ie carriers, subcontractors, partners) and ensure they are clearly recorded and available in cost databases
- Fulfill dynamic pricing requests and ensure solutions are clearly recorded and available in sell databases for immediate consumption by Client Solutions
- Partner with Client Solutions Teams to understand unique customer requirements and surface creative solutions with the Trade Lane Manager for execution
- Liaise with Account Solutions to provide rates and solutions for bids; assist with new client implementation
Act as the first point of contact for all Air/OCS issues, requests, or questions & take the lead in reaching a resolution
- Triage incoming requests and find an end-to-end resolution where possible or provide direction to the appropriate team for resolution
- Resolve all escalations raised by Client Solution Teams as quickly as possible, with an eye for mitigating future escalations of the same nature; exercise good judgment on when to escalate
- Constantly monitor group emails, Slacks, and offer support wherever possible
Drive and support initiatives to promote growth and profitability for the region
- Ensure high integrity and accuracy of all rates stored in internal database; record all rates and rate updates timely
- Leverage internal tools and processes to mitigate potential revenue leakage (Dispute ID Tool, regular reviews of statement-of-accounts)
- Identify opportunities to improve pricing strategies and increase profitability;
- Proactively follow-up on lost pricing requests and new opportunities
Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Interface with external vendors for routine requests regarding rate procurement, audits, or shipment-specific questions
- Coordinate day-to-day performance and execution of our vendors (ie flag errors and work with them to correct them, etc…)
- Assist the Trade Lane Manager and Senior Trade Lane Associate in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with external vendors/subcontractors and setting up operating procedures
- Proactively suggest ways to improve performance based on data and in partnership with the Sr. TLA and TLM, implement those suggestions
Identify areas for process improvements and contribute to future automation designs
- Master all Flexport internal tools and databases for maintaining buy and sell rates
- Ensure all internal processes and important documents (ie contracts, workflow mappings) are standardized, recorded, and available in the Trade Lane Management team folders
- Take a critical approach to company and customer SOPs and identify ways to improve them
- Be a general expert, able to support procurement, solution design, rate setting, vendor audits and implementation cycles for all geographies in your region
- Proactively share risks & barriers with the TLM and TLSM and work to resolve them
- Embody a “can-do” attitude at all times
What you will need:
- BA/BS and 1-3 year(s) of related work experience
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc); basic programming capabilities a plus
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.