Help us run and improve our finance operations
Our Finance and Accounting Team collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts with partners around the world with an on-the-ground operations team in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. As our revenue and complexity grows, we need an extremely talented Finance Operations Manager to help lead the team through continuous growth.
- Manage our Greater China-based finance operations team;
- Develop and oversee the geography’s procure to pay process;
- Contribute to the strategy of Flexport’s global finance operations and support functions;
- Maintain strong communication ties with Flexport headquarters and the local offices;
- Ensure a robust and timely payment system to support international shipments;
- Scope, oversee, and partner on special projects
- Learn the details and be prepared to “roll up your sleeves,” when needed
- Manage, mentor and train staff, as the department expands, to ensure staff are ready to take on new challenges associated with growth.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Qualified Accountant with 4+ years of experience in accounting. Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Well-rounded knowledge in PRC accounting practices
- Strong people management skills as a motivator and coach.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail, process, and follow-through.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is critical
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Passionate about accounting, finance, logistics and international trade!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program set every new Flexport employee up for success.