Help us run and improve our Ocean Procurement.
To continue our global expansion, we're looking for a Ocean Procurement Analyst to work within our Ocean organization to support in-depth business analysis and build tools to enhance procurement team efficiency and workflows. We are looking for an individual that is driven by data and strives to creatively provide solutions that impact the business and drive growth. In this role you will be utilizing Python, SQL, and Excel to structure complex data to power workflow databases for the global ocean procurement team at Flexport.
- Develop tools for Ocean team members to improve processes and workflow during Flexport’s annual client contract season
- Build and manage databases to structure complex numeric outputs from Ocean Carriers
- Digest the challenges and needs of
- Collaborate effectively with data science and product to understand backend databases that are relevant to appropriate projects
- Be an enthusiastic project manager -- you’ll be coordinating with multiple stakeholders, including data, product, and Ocean procurement team members. Will need to be organized and keep people on-track.
- Track impact of tools and processes by measuring for cost to serve and efficiency
- Optimize for maximum net revenue production when building strategic procurement and pricing models
You should have:
- 2-4 years of experience handling data analytics for medium to large businesses
- Ability to break down pre-defined projects into well-scoped components
- Extensive knowledge in SQL, Python, and Google Sheets is required
- Project management background and ability to execute independently
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small
- Best-in-class communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience at all levels of the global trade process.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.