We’re looking for an organized and motivated person to lead a team of Product Specialists as they advocate for product quality and bridge the gap between our users and our technical teams. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to manage and mentor a team of all-stars, partner closely with our product & business teams to ensure the voice of our users is heard & prioritized, and to help us improve our internal operating processes.
- Manage a team of Product Specialists across multiple Product Groups
- Collaborate closely with your business and technical counterparts to empower our users, with an emphasis on user experience and product quality
- Identify & report out on trends relevant to product quality
- Seek out and solve process inefficiencies within Product Ops and our associated teams, evangelize process improvements across the entire Makers and product organization
- Support your team as they identify their career ambitions and work with them to create a plan to get there
- Oversee team’s OKR planning, measurement and reporting
- Build team culture within Product Operations & Product
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 5+ years of work experience; 3+ years of experience interfacing with technical teams (i.e. product ops, product manager, program manager, etc.)
- A deep understanding of the product development lifecycle, comfortable diving in to problem solve alongside specialists
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward overcommunucation and inclusivity
- Outstanding organizational skills, including experience prioritizing work, and making trade offs
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders and saying “no”
- An analytical and data-driven approach to problem solving
- Experience directly, or indirectly managing a small & growing team, and a keen interest in learning more about management
- A willingness to providing timely, direct feedback to Product Ops team members
- A drive to improve yourself and your team through education, mentorship, and open and honest feedback
- A reputation for getting things done, a great attitude, and willingness to get your hands dirty when necessary
- An interest in internal processes, systems and documentation optimization
- Bonus points for direct management experience, SQL proficiency.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.