Support Flexport's leadership team.
We're looking for an Executive Assistant to support senior leaders across a few disciplines in our growing Chicago office. Flexport continues to experience dramatic growth in all of our teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the schedule is optimized as well as working alongside leaders to maximize their ability to focus on their team’s key priorities in supporting Flexport’s continued success.
You will manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules. This role will support and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, and helping to identify and implement solutions, as appropriate. Additionally, this role will ensure that leaders are prepared for all meetings, including compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, and company events.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments
- Conserve the team's time by reading and routing correspondence; preparing emails, letters and documents, and assisting with presentations
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and tracking action items
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion
- Anticipate the needs of our leaders by planning ahead, being resourceful and identifying process improvements
- Act as the primary facilitator for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access; you are the local expert and go-to resource for general requests and questions; you are the keeper of all team resources
- Help prioritize conflicting needs along with your leaders, and help them track and remind them of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments
- Prepare and submit expense reports per policy
- Work independently on assigned projects from start to finish
- Observe workplace dynamics and keep leaders updated on what is occurring in the environment and feel comfortable interacting with internal and external partners
You should have:
- A BA/BS degree and 2+ years of administrative support
- Attention to detail and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment while maintaining strong organizational skills and proactively follow through on tasks
- A problem solver mentality with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- Confidence in your work, be an efficient self-starter and a decision-maker that can act on instinct
- Drive to deliver quickly, across global time zones, and from locations all over the world. We need you not only to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up
- A passion to work hard and have a blast doing it. Our team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win
- Experience working in common office productivity suites (GSuite, Microsoft Office, etc), as well as other electronic communications and technologies
- Bonus: Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.