Develop & Administer Programs To Help Flexport Grow
Our Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. The FP&A Manager will function as a key member of the finance team and be responsible for providing decision support for our Network Operations team through ad hoc analysis on a project basis and by preparing periodic financial statements, analysis and metrics reporting. You will also be involved in identifying companywide strategic initiatives and execute these to ensure success, monitoring company performance and participating in the month-end close.
- Become the end to end finance business partner of the Network Operations Team (Air, Trucking)
- Provide analytics and insights around the mode and trade lane profitability and return on investment
- Partner with Network Operations leadership on weekly, quarterly forecast, monthly Risks & Opportunities and Long Range Planning (1-3 years)
- Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners including highlighting major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast and performing sensitivity analysis to assess range of outcomes
- Report and provide in-depth analysis to key leaders including monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget, Risks & Opportunities, and commentary
- Effectively communicate with team members and cross functional partners including Operations Excellence, Makers
- Be an expert at building financial models and manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes or develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business, rather than any single KPI.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in fields like business strategy / analytics, business operations, growth strategy, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills with proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Prior experience using SQL, Adaptive Insights and NetSuite a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation