Help us run and improve our finance.
Our Finance and Accounting Team collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts with partners around the world with an on-the-ground operations team in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. As our revenue and complexity grows, we need an extremely talented Senior Manager of Revenue to navigate complexities and be the foundation of Flexport’s accounting team.
- Manage the Company’s revenue recognition functions and create policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP and ASC 606.
- Review monthly revenue and cost of revenue schedules, journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations of all revenue and cost of revenue related accounts.
- Establish a partnership with the business units to provide support, guidance, and ensure that proper technical guidance is followed as we establish new revenue streams.
- Assist in forecasting of revenue/deferred revenue on an as needed basis.
- Work with the external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with the latest revenue recognition accounting technical guidance.
- Manage, mentor and train staff , as the department expands, to ensure staff are ready to take on new challenges associated with growth.
- Facilitate the development of reports for management. Partner with Business Systems and utilize the accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to leverage system capabilities, continuously improve processes, and ensure data quality.
- Assist in formulation of internal controls and policies in compliance with SOX, IPO readiness and GAAP.
- Learn the details and be prepared to "roll up your sleeves," when needed.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis / projects, when needed
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years experience in accounting. Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with services revenue recognition
- Able to quickly convert technical research, interpretation into practical solution
- Experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is critical
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Passionate about accounting, finance, logistics and international trade!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation