Build the platform that powers global trade
We're looking for a great Product Manager for the Finance Makers team. We are responsible for building the foundational platform to power the financial transactions of global trade in the trillions.
Come help us disrupt global trade!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to build the top class finance platform in the industry
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision
- Understand customer and business finance use cases, document user stories and requirements, and work with designers and engineers to build products
- Manage stakeholders in Business Units, Finance, and Technology groups, align cross function resources to deliver business outcome
- Work with business process owners to identify financial controls throughout Procure to Pay and Order to Cash processes and maximize cash flow
- Work with Finance Operation team to identify inefficiencies and apply technology to increase productivity
You should have:
- Ideally 2+ years of product management or relevant work experience
- Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems
- Driver mentality to own company’s top initiative and align business and technology teams to achieve goals
- Ability to manage Finance stakeholders to influence business decision making
- Technical competence to discuss API’s and services with engineers (but you don’t need to be able to write code!)
- Ability to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- A willingness to travel (~15% of the time)
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in hyper growth pre-IPO company with successful exits highly desirable
- Logistics, FinTech, Financials Management product experience preferred.
Internal Applicant Requirements
- Employees need to be in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Please talk with your current manager before applying to this role.
- Be prepared to share the following information;
- Goals for taking on the new role;
- Any success drivers you feel are relevant; and
- Why you’ll add value to the team on day one.
Internal Opportunity Principles
- We empower our employees to find career opportunities by creating transparency for all open roles and making decisions in a fair and timely way.
- We play the long game and are dedicated to providing opportunities at the right time in the business cycle to make sure our customer’s experience is protected. All squad positions will remain in place during peak season of September-December.
- Flexport employees are our most valuable asset and should have a positive experience when being considered for an internal opportunity.
- We will adjust your compensation to align it with the salary range for that role and local market. We will offer relocation assistance if you relocate to another office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about internal movement at Flexport? Check out this page!