We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly-motivated Senior International Accountant, primarily focused on consolidations to help us continue scaling our month end accounting close and financial reporting processes. As a member of the accounting team, you will assist with all aspects of the accounting close and will be running the monthly consolidations process.
- Perform transfer pricing, intercompany transactions, eliminations and consolidation using NetSuite ERP system
- Record intercompany transactions and cash settlement and reconcile intercompany balances for international and domestic subsidiaries
- Prepare foreign exchange gain/loss and translation adjustment reasonableness analyses
- Collaborate with the Tax team on preparation of tax structuring and transfer pricing journal entries
- Collaborate with international GMs on cash management
- Management and settlement of intercompany loans and outstanding balances, including coordination with Legal and Treasury on documentation, terms and appropriate interest rates
- Identify and improve process inefficiencies
- Prepare supporting documentation for external audits, including non-US subsidiary statutory financial statements
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred; CPA designation a plus
- 4+ years of experience, including 2+ years of consolidations process experience for a multinational company
- A mix of publicly-listed or high-growth start-up company and public accounting is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience with ASC 830 Foreign Currency Matter
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.