Senior SOX (Internal Controls) Analyst
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Our Finance and Accounting Team collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts with partners around the world with an on-the-ground operations team in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. As our products and complexity grows, we’re looking to bring in an individual who will be a key part of the team in building our internal controls compliance program. This role is responsible for partnering closely with the accounting, business, operations, and FP&A teams to ensure that internal controls over financial reporting are sufficiently designed and operating effectively. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Lead end to end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities
- Design and execute testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process controls and SOC reviews
- Improve SOX documentation and work papers (i.e. work with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, refine / develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks etc.)
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks
- Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies
- Manage and/or contribute to special projects both on-going and recurring (e.g., scaling controls, segregation of duties, implementation support/advisory), as needed, in an effective and efficient manner
You should have:
- 4+ years of experience in internal or external audit preferred of which at least 3 years of SOX experience required
- CPA certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with customer service orientation
- Self-starter and flexible team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing processes and procedures
- Strong project management abilities
- Must have advanced SOX compliance experience and be knowledgeable with standard financial processes such as Order to Cash and Procure to Pay
- Comprehension of internal auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and risk-assessment practices
- Degree in Accounting required
- Technical auditing skills and corporate-level audit experience required
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Software Entwicklung
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Office of CTO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- Trade Lane Management, Fulfillment & Procurement
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote