Develop and strengthen our financial processes
Flexport transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in Atlanta, San Francisco, New York, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe dependent on these functions, we need a highly-experienced, well rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a global, hyper-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for the company’s direction and performance of the Finance Operations function and will transform the process into the most effective and efficient solution for scalable, long-term growth.
- Streamline, transform and monitor the effectiveness of global Accounts Payable, Disputes and Indirect Procurement (P2P) operations.
- Streamline, transform and monitor the effectiveness of global Accounts Receivables, Invoicing and Collection (Q2C) operations.
- Develop global strategies, policies, and operations (e.g. onboarding, data master, procurement, compliance, bill and payment processing, bill disputes, etc.) including controls
- Manage P2P KPI and compliance reports; analyzing trends, monitoring various types of spend, etc.
- Manage global T&E processing, policies and systems
- Partner with internal stakeholders and suppliers to establish advantageous purchasing, commercial terms, and payment requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement, automating processes, and implementing change management activities including working with the makers’ org (Product, Engineering and Design) when necessary
- Work closely with internal partners including Operations, Direct (Freight) Procurement, Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, and Accounting.
- Manage and develop a team of 25+ total individuals (including direct managers and temps)
- Ensure policies are documented, monitored, and, applied globally and regionally as necessary.
- Assist with external and internal audits as necessary
You should have:
- Ideally you have set up, ramped up a shared services center (Procure to Pay and Quote to cash) in an international environment
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or another business-related field
- Engaging people leader with strong stakeholder management skills
- Advanced skills in quantitative applications such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse solutions, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of payment software platforms and ERP systems, (experience with Netsuite is a plus!).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information from various sources
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Freight forwarding/logistics, International and Domestic Payment experience required;
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.