Help us run and improve our finance.
The Controller will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial management of the organization, including global accounting operations, production of financial reports and maintenance of accounting records.
The position reports directly to the Head of Finance. The role requires at least 10 years of relevant experience, technology experience is a plus. This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-organized professional who thrives in enhancing processes and controls on a global basis, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
- Provide direct oversight to the accounting team including all general ledger, consolidation, technical accounting, tax, cash management and revenue recognition activities, monthly close, flex analysis.
- Act as the primary accounting and tax expert and leader, overseeing all accounting policies and procedures for Flexport, and experienced in building and scaling accounting departments.
- Provide technical guidance across the business including communication / clarification of new laws and regulations related to GAAP, Tax, and Statutory reporting.
- Manage external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly & quarterly financial statements
- Direct the tax strategy, planning and operating responsibility for a business / P&L or a functional taxes group, IT / Tax systems, and State and Local Taxes, Federal Taxes
- Prepare and execute investor communications, board meeting materials, etc.
- Establish, implement, manage and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies, processes and associated metrics
- Work closely with management team, set standards and drive compliance across the entire organization
You should have:
- Minimum of 3 years “Big firm” public accounting experience preferred completed with 8+ years experience in financial operations
- Thorough understanding of ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 718, FIN 48
- Accounting leadership experience in a complex multinational organization
- Subject matter expert in multiple verticals in the finance and accounting discipline
- Experience in legal entity structure design and optimization
- Experience in statutory reporting and compliance in a multinational corporation
- CPA required
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance with 11+ years’ experience
- Previous experience in a fast-paced start-up, scale-up or multinational environment is highly preferred
- An ability to sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically driving projects
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.