Support the Flexport team.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a People Business Partner to provide direct support across client groups in areas including organizational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, and employee relations.
- Provide frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and some tiny tasks
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent
- Demonstrate an understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organization
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture
You should have:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, including 3 years in an HRBP role or equivalent
- Passion for people: you should be thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- A demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management
- A people-centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality
- An approachable and calm demeanor: your presence should be reassuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren't afraid to weigh the options, influence decision making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, adapting to meet the nuanced needs of various partners
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.