Help us grow our Compensation team at Flexport.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Compensation guru: someone with a strong compensation background who is passionate about analysis, program design, and teamwork. Reporting to the VP, Head of Global People Operations, you will provide strategic, consultative, technical, and analytical advice to partners in HR, Finance, and the business, and will be responsible for a broad range of compensation projects. This role is a great fit for a self-starter who enjoys driving business impact and driving operational efficiency.
- Function as an advisor and point person for all things compensation, including fair application of our comp principles, and reasonable deviations to address specific comp-related problems where appropriate
- Build our compensation programs based on our compensation philosophy
- Help us build programs from design to execution including, but not limited to, modeling, project planning, communications and training"
- Develop and maintain a job leveling framework to partner with recruiters and managers to maintain our job leveling framework as we grow
- Review job descriptions, provide appropriate level and range for positions, and build a process that makes this seamless for managers and scalable long term
- Consult on proposed salary adjustments and promotions for conformance to established guidelines, policies, and practices
- Provide compensation expertise related to salary structure design and administration, short-term incentive programs, job evaluations, market data trends, and sales commission plans for eligible employees
- Leverage your analytical skills by taking the lead on analysis scoping, model design, and synthesizing findings into recommendations
- Lead, manage and streamline all elements of our compensation programs, including development of cash and equity budgeting/allocation, annual merit cycle planning and review cycles, annual/ad-hoc compensation benchmarking, and program design
- Support the annual external benchmarking and manage relationships with survey providers so that we have the data we need to ensure our compensation is fair and competitive and consistently designed based on our stated values and principles
- Analyze costs and project impacts of pay programs
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 5+ years compensation experience, preferably in a global, high technology environment
- Expert knowledge of compensation salary planning, incentive programs, equity plans, market pricing, and analytics.
- Advanced Excel skills and prior experience managing compensation programs using Workday (or a similar HRM)
- A proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Experience evaluating, developing, and implementing process improvements through automation and process redesign to ensure scalability
- A track record of successfully balancing competing priorities and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment and sometimes under conditions of ambiguity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to process disparate information and synthesize quickly
- Demonstrated experience building exceptional cross-functional relationships across an organization
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.