Build the platform that powers global trade
We're looking for a great product manager for the Finance Makers team. We are responsible for building the foundational platform to power the financial transactions of global trade in the trillions.
Come help us disrupt global trade!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to build the top class finance platform in the industry
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision
- Understand customer and business finance use cases, document user stories and requirements, and work with designers and engineers to build products
- Manage stakeholders in Business Units, Finance, and Technology groups, align cross function resources to deliver business outcome
- Work with business process owners to identify financial controls throughout Procure to Pay and Order to Cash processes and maximize cash flow
- Work with Finance Operation team to identify inefficiencies and apply technology to increase productivity
You should have:
- At least 5 plus years of product management or relevant work experience
- Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems
- Driver mentality to own company’s top initiative and align business and technology teams to achieve goals
- Ability to manage Finance stakeholders to influence business decision making
- Technical competence to discuss API’s and services with engineers (but you don’t need to be able to write code!)
- Ability to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- A willingness to travel (~15% of the time)
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in hyper growth pre-IPO company with successful exits highly desirable
- Logistics, FinTech, Financials Management product experience preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.